If you copy and paste the L. collosoma
Spliced Leader sequence
>gb|S76723.1|:1-56 SL=spliced leader RNA gene [Leptomonas collosoma] ...
into the sequence box, you will get a two-cluster RNAbow diagram.
Understanding the Output
- The overall probabilities of each cluster are given (e.g., 43% and 57%)
- The line thickness of each arc is proportional to the probability of
forming a base pair between the two bases.
- Red arcs denote base pairs which are unique to the top cluster.
- Blue arcs denote base pairs which are unique to the bottom cluster.
- Black arcs are base pairs common to both clusters.
The clustering program currently only uses RNAstructure to compute the partition function, forcing and prohibiting key base pairs to
define the clusters.
Reuter, J.S., & Mathews, D.H. (2010). RNAstructure: software for RNA secondary structure prediction and analysis. BMC Bioinformatics, 11, 129.
To cite RNAstructure: